There is Healing in Nature
Visiting groups come to Blue Lotus and find a peaceful and secluded place to enjoy nature and experience activities that may not regularly be available to them. The natural resources of the land, in concert with facilitated or self-directed activities profoundly inspires, stimulates, and invigorates the healing spirit, while providing a retreat from some of life's daily challenges.
It's no secret that a day in the country can make us feel better in many ways.
Recent medical studies continue to unfold scientific evidence which validates:
- Time spent in nature has a profound effect on both the physical self plus accruing great benefit to the emotional and cognitive sides of our well being.
- Nature is supportive of developing healthy social interactions and adaptive skills.
- Green space is linked to evidence suggesting it enhances the capacity to pay attention. Nature has a positive effect on ADHD.
- A regular dose of nature lowers anxiety levels and improves mood.
- The restorative benefits of clean fresh air and nature can help "buffer" the stresses of life's daily challenges.
Plan an outing at Blue Lotus, where a forested backdrop sets the stage for experiences of empowered healing and self expression, renewing confidence and rejuvenating body, mind and soul. We look forward to welcoming you!
“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” – John Burroughs